Tuesday, December 7, 2010

New Beginnings

I've decided I'm going to try and use this to expose and promote my photography. Why pay for a site when I can use this for free :p As of right now you can check out some on here http://mariam1.sites.livebooks.com/ That's a temporary site right now, that I'm testing and you can find more on Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/photos/goldrush21 I'm always adding to that one too :o)

As for updates:

SCHOOL, eh. It's December and I'm still exactly where I was 6 months ago. I have more contacts, but no closer to a job.
I don't know if I even want to go back to school. I want to finish the program I started, about is how I'd have to study something, or do homework and study things at certain times, and if I don't want to, then I end up hating it in the end, and want nothing to do with it. I just want to make the right decision if I do go back. Not that the first course was a wrong one, but I can't get a job. The second one though, was very wrong. I want a program that interests me, that I can work around my schedule, and that I'll end up with a job afterwards. It's just such a pain, there are way too many options, end of story.

LIFE: I got a kitty! He's a menace, but he's cute :o) Isn't he cutest? He such a curious little guy and he has to be involved in everything :o) He's had a rough couple months, but it's all good now. At least it better be :p
Soo this building; not so cool. Won't get into details, but let's just say too many people and too many problems. I do however, like living in a building much better then a house.
New York was sooo cool. I want to go back and spend lots more time there. I love the pictures that I took while I was there. I took sooo many and I want to take soooo many more. I'll post those in a new blog after this one.
Went to my brothers birthday the day we got back from New York, like literally hours after. Sooo tired and ended up staying awake until about 5 that morning. It was an interesting night to say the least, it was fun though and met some cool people.
Never made it to Wakestock, and although it sucks, I wasn't that upset. There wasn't anything there that I really wanted to see. It just sucks that I missed it, because I do like going and seeing everything and just enjoying the sun, the outdoors, the culture, and of course taking pictures.
I was planning on going to Warped Tour, but never made it there either. I don't really remember what happened, but I do remember we left it until too late in the day. I also remember a sinking feeling every time it was decided we weren't going and then getting excited again when it was decided that we were. I remember sitting on the court stairs asking if we were going or not haha Then finalizing plans with a friend that I'd broken everytime we decided we were going to go.
I kind of gave up on the south pacific swap. I think I'd rather go there on my own, for the amount of time I want, do things that I want to do, and not have to worry about working or any other stressors that come with working in a new country.
Jumping on a tour didn't happen either *thumbs down* it's just soo hard to get an opportunity in that field period. It sucks.
No TFC game either. My brother couldn't get the tickets this year, and nobody wanted to go with me. I need more athletic friends or at least ones that are interested enough to go to games with me or try the actual sport itself.
Summer was still fun, got to know new people and did some things in the city that I haven't done before or don't really get to do that often.

No comments: